Here are a few way to try to prevent bringing bedbugs home from your travel. Bedbugs are not choosey, they will effect a 5 star property just as fast as a 2 star hotel, resort or even a cruise. Here are a few time to try to make sure bedbugs don’t come home with you.
1. Air out personal luggage before traveling but do not pack on your own bed just in case your bag has some friends from your last trip.
2. When unpacking during your trip – do not use the beds and keep you close hung up or in your bags, no in the draws or on the floor. Also use the baggage rack only after testing to see if the fiber band of cloth do not contain any bugs. To check take baggage rack into the bathtub and whack gently with a shoe. if small black dots appear on white tub porcelain, do use the rack.
3. Clean out tub with scalding hot water and dry off. Keep bags in tub, on toilet or sink counters due to bedbugs can not climb on slippery/slick/smooth surfaces. Why not the baggage rack? bedbugs could have been transferred from another persons bags to the material of the straps if make of cloth. If the straps are plastic or wood etc., then it is ok to use the rack.
4. To make sure you haven’t brought any bugs home with you, bring all cloths into laundry and place in the dryer for 20 minutes at high (over 160 degrees). The dry heat will kill any bugs that may have caught a ride home with you. Then wash your cloths normally. If you can’t do this right away, leave bags in the garage or somewhere with no carpet for the bugs to start infecting your home.
Carnival Cruise Lines has announced a first-of-its-kind experience in the cruise industry, offering cruisers the opportunity to experience & enjoy an exclusive onboard performance by a diverse roster of popular music artists while the ships are docked at select ports of call.
Carnival has booked 49 performance dates for the 2014 concert series with the following artists:
- 38 Special
- Daughtry….One of my personal favorites
- Gavin DeGraw
- Jennifer Hudson
- Lady Antebellum
- LeAnn Rimes
- Martina McBride
- Olivia Newton-John
- REO Speedwagon
- Trace Adkins
So who are you going to go see while cruise to exotic destinations?
A Fun and Fantastic announcement from Carnival…
From the whimsical and always wonderful world of Dr. Seuss comes Cats in Hats, Fish Red and Blue, and both kinds of Things — 1 and 2. And they’re all coming to a Carnival cruise near you with Seuss At Sea!
Dr. Seuss’s timeless stories are the kind kids memorize, and this is the kind of cruise you’ll remember for a lifetime. The whole family will still enjoy all the classic Carnival activities, but the littlest ones — kids ages 2–5 — and their families will also enjoy an all-new, extra-special experience as the fantastical world of Dr. Seuss comes to life around them.
Enjoy a special onboard character parade, interactive story time, arts & crafts activities, character breakfast and more, featuring their favorite Dr. Seuss characters. Seuss At Sea truly brings your child’s favorite books to life.
As This New Year begins I want to send everyone good wishes to everyone.
May this year be filled with love & laughter, health & happiness plus peace & prosperity.
Recycling Gift Cards
I often tell my travel clients not to use their personal bank debit card to purchase travel or use when actually traveling. My recommendation is to get a refillable gift card & use that instead to protect your personal bank account & your identity.
Gift cards are also great gift ideas to give to people who travel a lot and you are stumped as to what items to get them for special occasions such as Birthdays, Honeymoons, Anniversaries, etc.
The upward trend in giving gift cards as opposed to money or checks (and the increasing numbers of debit, credit and store cards) means that more than 75 million pounds of cards end up in landfills every year. Cards are made from PVC and are not readily recyclable with household collections.
But there are still ways to recycle the holiday cards once the money is spent! You can mail them to Earthworks System (http://www.earthworkssystem.com/consumers.html). They will melt the cards down into sheets that can then be used to make more cards.
Another useful tip from Earth911 !
Here are the changes coming to Amtrak refund policy that has just been announced.
For most reserved Coach class and Acela Express Business class reservations, you must cancel your reservation at least 24 hours prior to the train’s scheduled departure in order to be eligible for a full refund. If the reservation is canceled within 24 hours of the scheduled departure, a refund fee will apply. If the reservation is not canceled prior to the scheduled departure (“no show”), the entire amount paid for the reservation will be forfeited the ticket value will not be stored in an eVoucher and cannot be applied toward future travel.
The new policy will affect both existing reservations and all new reservations for travel beginning on March 1, 2014.